Thursday - Sunday... 12:00 Noon - 5:00 p.m.
Special Tasting Room Hours for Thanksgiving Week:
- Wednesday, 11/25/15: Visit the tasting room from 12:00pm - 5:00pm to pick up wine for your Thanksgiving Dinner! Our 91pt Pinot Noir pairs elegantly with the traditional Thanksgiving fare. It is the perfect complement to turkey, stuffing, vegetable dishes with autumn flavors and even cranberry sauce.
- Thursday, 11/26/15: The tasting room is open for Thanksgiving! Bring your family and friends to taste wine at the most beautiful place in Santa Clara County, or stop by after our Thanksgiving Feast. Click here for details and to purchase tickets.
- Friday, 11/27/15: Escape the hustle and bustle of Black Friday and enjoy the beauty and serenity of The Mountain Winery, with a glass of wine in hand!
- Saturday & Sunday, 11/28/15 & 11/29/15: Bring the last of your holiday weekend visitors to enjoy our spectacular view and historic estate. Show your friends and family the charm of Silicon Valley.
No outside alcohol is allowed to be consumed anywhere on the premises. You may enjoy your own picnic, only in our designated picnic area, near our parking lot. Thank you for visiting The Mountain Winery.
Tasting Room News:
- Wine Tasting has moved to its indoor location in our Historic Winery Building!
- The Mountain Winery is now offering Historical Estate Narratives every Saturday at 11:30 a.m! Read more about our Historical Narratives below.
Visit The Mountain Winery Tasting Room and bask in Old World ambience. View historic Ansel Adams pictures that were taken of our property in the early days and imagine what Saratoga Village might have been like in the 1900s. Discuss the life and times of Paul Masson with our own historian. Experience the sounds of 55 years of artists who have performed at The Mountain Winery. You will be pampered (and often entertained) by our attentive staff.
The Mountain Winery Tasting Room... Where people come as strangers and leave as friends!
The Mountain Winery Historical Narratives... Every Saturday at 11:30 a.m.
Join us to learn The Mountain Winery’s rich history of hosting celebrity guests, memorable events and producing world class wines. The Historical Narrative will be hosted by our own Historian and Tasting Room Manager, Jesse “The Mayor” Montenegro. His exuberant attitude, passion for our history and story-telling method of delivery make for fantastic entertainment. Enjoy a tour of our beautiful estate. In the case of inclement weather, the historical narrative will be hosted in the Wine Tasting Room.
Our founder, Paul Masson purchased the mountain top estate in 1901 and later earned himself the title, “The Champagne King of California”. Masson was a fabulous entertainer who was credited for introducing California wine to the world. Attend a tour to learn about the influential friends who visited the property frequently to relax, drink fabulous wine and fine food, and seek inspiration from the beautiful estate.
The Mountain Winery is now best known for our Summer Concert Series, which began in 1958. The venue also hosts corporate events, weddings, and social events for the public.
Please wear comfortable shoes. Some walking is required.
- $10 per person for Reserve Series
- $10 per person for Estate Series
- $20 per person for a combination of Reserve and Estate Series Wines; Includes a logo'd glass.
14831 Pierce Road, Saratoga, CA 95070 Directions
Please contact our Events Department by email
Please remember that California law states that participants must be 21 years of age to taste.
For additional information about our Tasting Room,
please contact our Tasting Room Manager, Jesse Montenegro by email at [email protected].
You can also inquire with the receptionist at 408.741.2822.