Sunday, November 10th, 2013
The Mountain Winery U - Exploring Pinot
Join us in exploring this distinctive world renowned varietal known for being elegant, soft and smooth!
In this two hour class, students will sample and evaluate 5 different Pinot Noir's using the four-step approach to wine tasting - sight (SEE), aromas (SMELL), flavors (SIP), and structure (SENSE).
The class will focus on the grape's regional differences from across the globe and the influence of winemaking style on the character of the wine.
- Discussion about appellations? Why it is unique in wine making and viticulture?
- Introduction and history of the 5 distinctive AVA’s.
- Examine the specific growing areas and suitable climate's.
- Presentation of tasting techniques with an interactive, guided tasting of five Pinot's.
- Exploration of the wines utilizing SEE, SMELL, SIP & SENSE.
- Discussion and assessment of the uniqueness of each wine and winemaker styles.
- Discussion of the developing markers for the varietal.
Recommended Prerequisite: Wine Tasting Basics or Discovering Zinfandel.
Includes a flight of five Appellation Specific Pinot's and Class Handouts.
Reservations Required. Due to the popularity of this course, no refunds or exchanges can be accommodated.
- Nov 10th, 2013
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- $65/ Adult
- is FREE.
- Buy Tickets
Contact Rhonda at firstname.lastname@example.org